Wednesday 20 August 2014

THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE BEST --- NAIL POLISH



Back to another The Good, The Bad and The Best post; and this time its nail polishes. I don't know about you, but I'm fanatical about nail polishes, and when I say fanatical about nail polishes I mean absolutely crazy and my collection is beyond a joke. But anyways, I've had a rummage through my stash and have picked out the ones that I think are good, brilliant and meh.
QUICK DISCLAIMER - just because I may love/dislike a product doesn't mean you'll feel the same way so if you want to give them a try, don't let my opinion put you off!

THE GOOD
L.A Colors Color Craze
I've mentioned these before about a year ago, but for those who don't know, LAC make amazing nail polishes which you can pick up for as little as 99p in places such as BeautyBase. I really like these polishes, they're cheap with a good formula and the colour selection is to die for. They do tend to chip after three days but for 99p, there's not much you can ask for. My favourite shades are 'Hottie' and 'Perfect Plum'.
Mavala Mini Colours
I really like these nail polishes, it's like super glue for your nails, no chips in sight! Mavala have such a good colour range with tons of different finishes which I love and adore. The only thing I'm not a massive fan of is how long they take to dry. I always paint my nails before bed so there's nothing more annoying then waking up with a pillow printed nail because it took forever to dry, but it's still an amazing polish!

THE BAD
MaxFactor Glossfinity
With everyone raving about this nail polish, I was so excited and had even convinced myself that I would love it. I was wrong. Despite the stunning colour range and promises of 'glossy nails for up to seven days' my nails were having none of it. Firstly, I found the formula quite gloopy and thick and then there was the issue of it chipping within an hour of me painting my nails. It was all going okay until I put my hair up and bam it was all chipped, so no thanks MaxFactor, I'll have to give this one a miss.

THE BEST
Essie 
For me, Essie just blows any other polish out of the park. They make such lovely shades with clever names that really do last. On me, I can get a good five to seven days wear out of this polish before it starts to chip! The formula is like no other, quick drying, chip resistant (for a few days) and they're so highly pigmented. Essie offer a bunch of colours in all types of finishes for under £8 a pop! I love them all!
Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint by Barry M
Barry M polishes are fab, especially the Gelly Hi-Shine. I adore the formula of this product so much and it leaves my nails looking perfect and professional. With every shade known to beauty blogger, there's not much you can criticise these polishes for. They do take a while to dry on me, although it is still quicker than others, but the wait if definitely worth the wait because they're so glossy and opaque, This is a must have nail polish for sure, and if I was you I would definitely get the shade 'Sugar Apple'; it's the perfect mint green!


SHOP THE POST:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree, Barry M Gelly's and Essie polishes are a cut above the rest! x

    lillies and lipbalm

    ReplyDelete