Friday 24 May 2013

MAY EMPTIES

This month has been a budget beauty month and you can clearly see this in this post! Just going to give a quick review on these products that I have recently finished so happy reading!


The hair products:

Tresemmé Split Remedy Leave in treatment
Batiste Dry Shampoo in Paisley
Tresemmé Platinum Strength Deep Conditioning Treatment

Tresemmé Split Remedy Leave in Treatment
I really enjoyed using this product although I found that if I used it too often it would leave my hair feeling heavy and greasy. Overall I would recommend this product to all you beauty lovers out there with damaged hair but use it sparingly! To the claims of reducing the appearance of split ends by 80% after three uses; I disagree. It did reduce to appearance of my split ends, but that was after about 10-15 uses.
Rate: 6/10
Repurchase? Maybe, but I want to try other products first

Batiste Dry Shampoo in Paisley
This was in my last months favourites (check it out here) and I cannot rave about this enough. Its perfect for refreshing your hair between washes and it smells b-e-a-u-tiful 
Rate: 10/10 - By far the best dry shampoo I have ever used
Repurchase? Always!

Tresemmé Platinum Strength Deep Conditioning Treatment
I must admit, I was disappointed by this product. I had read a fair few blog posts on the range and everyone really seemed to love the Deep Conditioning Treatment, I however didn't. I feel like it did nothing to my hair, left it feeling  sluggish and the smell was very off putting for me - far too sweet and sickly. It's a steal at £6 a bottle so I would suggest if you're looking for a cheap hair masque thingy to give it a go, it just wasn't for me.
Rate: 1/10
Repurchase? Sorry to say, but it's a no.

Skin Care products:

Simply Kind to Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes
Original Source Lemon and Tea Tree shower gel
Garnier Deep clean cream wash

Simply Facial Wipes
When it comes to removing my makeup, I like to use a makeup remover face wipe and then use my Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel (the worlds most amazing cleanser ever) with a hot muslin afterwards. Most wipes now days are rather dry and it takes like four billion wipes to remove one days worth of makeup - obviously I'm exaggerating but you get my drift - but these wipes are different! I found these to be very 'wet' (which is good) and quite nourishing but I would still never use them on their own for makeup removal/cleansing my face. Overall, in terms of face wipes they are the best I've used however it did take a little bit of scrubbing to remove my mascara.
Rate: 8/10
Repurchase? Yes

Original Source Lemon and Tea Tree Shower gel
I've previously mentioned Original Source shower gels in my April Favourites and I love them. Basically they're good quality shower gels at a very affordable price that smell delicious. Admittedly this one isn't my most favourite smell but I love it nonetheless! I really would recommend this shower gel for everyday use and the fact that it's so cheap is just a bonus!
Rate: 8/10 
Repurchase? Not necessarily this particular one but I will be repurchasing Original Source Shower Gel, probably in the Chocolate and Mint flavour.

Garnier Deep Clean Cream Wash
I used this product on a daily basis in the morning to ensure I had a fresh face before applying my makeup and I was really impressed. It helped keep my pores clean and clear and left my skin feeling soft. The formula is really nice and I like how the product turns into a foam whilst applying it and the product also helped reduce my breakouts. I highly recommend this to all beauty lovers as it worked wonders on me.
Rate: 9/10
Repurchase? Already have!

Would you use any of these products? Can you recommend any similar products for me to try? 

No comments:

Post a Comment